This is Bridget Zinn. She's a librarian and YA author who was diagnosed in 2009 with Stage IV colon cancer. Last year, a bunch of generous folks donated and bid on items in an online auction to raise money to help Bridget and Barrett with their medical expenses.
Bridget is still fighting, so this year there will be another auction, “Bridget Kicks Cancer: Season of Love and Hope,” from November 22-December 4.
I've donated a Fur-Face CD/I are a writer mug combo.
If you'd like to donate an item or service, you have until November 19.
In the spirit of Bridget and Barrett’s Summer of Love, let’s keep it going with an online auction, Bridget Kicks Cancer: Season of Love and Hope. Starting now, we’re asking people to donate items to be bid on. Bidding begins Monday, November 22nd, and ends Saturday, December 4th. Here’s how it works:
- To donate an item, go to http://bit.ly/bridgetkickscancer to fill out and submit the Item Donation Form.
- If you have more than one item to donate fill out a separate form for each item.
- For each item you submit, send us images to accompany the item listing. We can take up to four images per item! Please email images to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Get your donations in by Friday, November 19!
Items that have been popular and successful in previous auctions include:
- Author and writer services: critiques, help with social networking
- Autographed books
- Handcrafted jewelry or greeting cards
- Local services: wine tours, house rentals, consulting work
- Original Artwork: perhaps design an 8 x 10 -12 x 24 around the theme of “Season of Love” (paying homage to Bridget’s “Summer of Love”), offer to commission a piece of art, or donate an existing piece
- Gift items
- The auction will begin at 8:00am on Monday, November 22nd, and will conclude at 7:00pm Pacific / 9:00pm Central on Saturday, December 4th.
- To bid on items, visit the auction site at http://bit.ly/bridgetauction and follow the instructions for bidding.
- Winners will be notified by Sunday, December 5th, and will be sent instructions for payment at that time.
- As soon as payment is received, donors will ship or otherwise provide the item won to the winning bidder. Since this is around the holidays, send items as soon as possible after we notify you that payment has been received.
Questions? Email the organizers at email@example.com!