WTF, or as I’m sure you already guessed, ‘Where’s The Fib?’ is my little twist on one of those meme thingies which always seem to be doing the rounds (a hat tip to my WritersCoffeeHouse friend, Popple, aka Barbara Custer, who planted the seed of this idea in my head).
Here’s how it works:
In the comments, list four interesting facts and one fib about yourself – please don’t tell anyone which is which yet, that takes place later.
The facts and fib must be about you, but otherwise can be about anything you like. Try to make it hard for folks to guess which item on the list is untrue.
I'll stop taking WTF lists on Monday, June 28th, at 11:59am (US/Eastern). Later, I’ll post everyone’s lists in the form of poll questions and we can all play ‘Where’s The Fib?’
The winner will be the person who correctly identifies the most fibs from the various entries. In the event of a tie, I'll come up with a way to break the deadlock (possibly involving pistols).
As if bragging rights and the sheer joy of taking part weren’t enough, I’m awarding a prize of a free PDF of my debut novel, Fur-Face (or if they've already bought a copy, a Quake eBook of their choice), to both the winner of the contest AND the person whose list is voted the most interesting - this will be a seperate poll question. In the case of a tie, see above (but possibly with wet haddocks).
To give you an idea of the kind of thing I have in mind, here are my four facts and a fib:
JonGibbs – which one of these is NOT true?
- I’ve had my nose broken six times.
- I knew the individual letters, but I couldn’t recite the alphabet until I was eleven years old.
- At the age of 16, I worked as a disc jockey in a pub/strip club.
- I can trace my family name back to 1066, when one of my ancestors, Henry de Guibe, was given lands in England by William the Conqueror.
- I met Senior Management at a wedding I was filming.
How about you?
What are your four facts and a fib?